Rowenta DW5080 Focus Micro Steam Iron Review
The Rowenta DW5080 is an upscale steam iron that has a very low leak level. I have made lots of comparisons after my steam iron couldn’t stop leaking. And if your clothes leave the dryer with as many wrinkles as mine, you’ll want a steam iron that can get into all the crevices .
You’ll love the convenience of a steam iron that can get through your pile of clothes in a few minutes. This is especially true for big households where everyone needs their garment to have that polished and crisp look. After researching a number of steam irons, the Rowenta DW5080 Focus Micro Steam Iron stood out.
It is a high steam iron, and I am here to share my research findings with you.
Microsteam 400 Stainless Steel Soleplate
A steam iron needs to have a sleek feel. The Rowenta DW5080 attains superior polishing thanks to the stainless steel soleplate. This plate has 400 steam holes which work with high precision. It helps to ease the ironing task making it less boring. You can expect smooth gliding since the stainless steel gives it a perfect pass for all your clothes. I found that it allows vertical steam which helps to remove wrinkles from hanging garments and drapes.
A high burst of Steam
This steam iron boasts 400 steam holes that give 100gram/minute burst of steam. For those who have delicate fabrics such as your suit jackets, you can rest easy as they’ll now have efficient wrinkle removal. With the auto-steam feature, the Rowenta DW5080 adjusts the steam output continually to the temperature of the soleplate. You are exempted from the application of scorching heat like you would with an iron box.
Now you can rely on your steam iron for difficult ironing tasks that require extra careful care. You’ll love it for your silk, polyester, satin, and even jersey garments.
Features and Specifications
- The Rowenta DW5080 achieves a modern look thanks to the precision tip that reaches difficult cloth areas like seams, around buttons, and collars. It is also covered with micro steam holes also designed for efficient steam distribution.
- Ergonomic thermostat provides you with efficient heat control by just adjusting the knob.
- It has an 8-minute auto-shut-off feature which cuts off power if it’s left idle vertically. And, it also includes a 30-second auto-shut-off when left unused on the soleplate or when toppled over.
- A 10-oz system carries more than enough water to iron lots of fabric. It can take tap water, so there’s no need for distilled water.
- The anti-calcium system keeps out impurities such that steam is pure and clean.
- With the self-clean system, it flushes out loose mineral deposits to ensure it’s in top working condition for many years to come.
- Lightweight and easy to work with for long periods of time at only 3.4 pounds
- Anti-drip system prevents leaking and seeping of water when the iron is turned on low temperature.
- It is made in Germany which is a mark of quality for many people who like the idea of owning appliances from remarkable German companies.
- Even temperature regulation comes from the thick aluminum core that ensures heat does not build up on some spots of the soleplate.
What are Customers Saying
The Rowenta DW5080 is a popular pick mostly because of the power and performance. It can steam horizontally and vertically which is a convenience you don’t get on many steam irons. It has a high-quality non-stick stainless steel soleplate, and the back is curved to prevent any creasing of clothes when moving back and forth over the fabric.
With over 3,900 reviews on Amazon, customers are quite pleased with this steam iron. It’s hard for most customers to find a major flaw. One of the critical reviews by one of the customers is “I find the auto-shut-off difficult to use since it keeps shutting off after every 30 seconds.”
Seeing that not many customers have the same problem, I figure it’s not a rampant issue. From other customers, we have “This is the ONE…sturdy with hot steam,” and “Best buy of 2017,” and, “I love Rowenta steam irons.”
As such, it is a straightforward task to recommend the Rowenta DW5080 steam iron.Buy this Best Seller on Amazon
The Rowenta brand is renowned for quality and performance. The DW5080 model is a great pick for its hot steam with the 1700watt and 100gram/minute feature. It outperforms most models in its price-range since it has all-around features including vertical ironing. It is robust, with easy-to-use functions which makes it an excellent option for all your steam ironing needs.