Rowenta DW8080 Pro-Master Steam Iron Review
The Rowenta DW8080 Pro-Master is not an entry-level steam iron. If you are a professional seamstress, you’ll need the flexibility of a steam iron that can live up to the demands of everyday use. In my shop, I always find it hard get deep wrinkles with my ordinary iron that’s why am on the market looking for a new steam iron.
With a professional steam iron, you can depend on the durability as it resists wear from constant use. The Rowenta DW8080 Pro-Master is a unique brand that is renowned for its consistent quality, power, and dependable performance. As I was looking at its features, I found some of them very interesting.
1700 wattage of power
Just like many other Rowenta models that I have used, this one exudes high energy for instant heating up. It generates steam more rapidly than other steam irons in its class. The 1700wattage is one of the reasons it meets the high-end qualifications for heavy use.
It can remove deep creases on delicate fabrics such as wool thanks to the high power. With the calibrated thermostat, it gives you good control of the heat settings so that you’ll get the right temperature for each type of clothing.
400 Micro Steam Holes with Variable Steam Settings
The Rowenta DW8080 Pro-Master boasts 400 micro steam holes on the soleplate. These holes are evenly distributed to provide even ironing. It integrates variable steam settings technology to allow choosing from different steam amount levels.
You can select the burst of steam function which gives you a powerful shot of steam for high-pressure ironing on tough wrinkles. There’s also the vertical ironing feature for the fabrics that don’t need ironing on a board.
Features and Specifications
- It has a thin tapered tip which irons areas that are difficult to reach with great precision. It tapers towards the edge reaching into buttons, the button strip, and even around the collar.
- The stainless steel soleplate is polished to provide smooth gliding. It is fast and easy to maintain since it is built from an alloy that is resilient to rust. You can expect it to go for many years before there’s even a hint of brown scarring.
- 150g/minute on the burst of steam feature gets directly to stubborn wrinkles.
- It has an efficient anti-drip system that reduces spitting and dripping that is especially rampant when the steam iron is at low temperature.
- The extra-large 12.7-ounce water tank saves you from constant refilling to get more steam.
- It comes with a pouring cup to refill the tank effortlessly.
- The 3-way auto-off feature ensures that the steam iron is always safe even after leaving it unattended for a few minutes.
- Self-cleaning system flushes out minerals and impurities with the help of the anti-calcium mechanism which reduces scale formation. It keeps the steam clean for all-time use.
- It has unquestionable quality as it is manufactured by one of the best steam iron companies in Germany.
- Comfortable grip handle is soft for using over extended periods of time.
- Aluminum central core ensures even distribution of heat.
- It can use regular untreated water from the tap
- The 7-ft cord comes with a 360-degree pivot to prevent tangling as you move around the ironing board.
The Rowenta DW8080 Pro-Master is quite a popular model on Amazon. It garners over 2000 reviews at the time of my review. With most of the reviews being positive and informative, some owners have voiced some disappointments.
The main complaints have to do with the lack of a display window to know when to do a refill. “I only know it is low on water when the steam stops coming out,” and “I find it uses lots of water because of the high steam.”
But on the brighter side, many owners highly appreciate this model. “Am very pleased..it lets out lots of steam power,” and “It’s fabulous and works to my expectations,” and “Wonderful iron…produces large quantities of steam.”
This steam iron is just incredible and will be a satisfactory buy.
Whether you deal with screwed up piles of clothes or you are a professional seamstress, the Rowenta DW8080 Pro-Master fits the bill. It does not cost an arm and a leg, but you can expect it to be a higher price than other steam irons. This is owing to the 1700wattage, 12.7-ounce tank capacity, 400 micro-holes, and anti-drip system.